SWIMMING POOL ACID
Swimming Pool Acid To Lower pH
At Organic pH we understand the most common way to lower pH in a swimming pool is with swimming pool acid. However, we have a much better option…..
First and foremost, let’s do a comparison between CO2 and Swimming Pool Acid
Introducing The Poolsmith® Process
“Eliminate the use of swimming pool liquid acid for the control of high pH in residential swimming pools”. Carbon dioxide (CO2) has been used as an alternative to liquid acid in 1000’s of commercial swimming pools worldwide, for many years. Pool operators prefer CO2 because it is non-poisonous and non-flammable and, therefore, safer and easier to use than liquid acid.
Scientifically, carbon dioxide’s effect on pH is a very simple, very natural phenomenon. When dissolved in water, CO2 converts to carbonic acid – a mild acid that is very effective in reducing and stabilizing pH.
The Poolsmith® Process
With 20 years of research, development, and field testing, Poolsmith® Technologies developed Organic pH which includes our patented Carbon Dioxide InpHusion™ process – a 3-step process that efficiently converts carbon dioxide gas to carbonic acid utilizing the InpHuser® injector and a proprietary injection formula. Organic pH™ is planet-friendly, people-friendly, pet-friendly, and pool-friendly.
Organic pH™ is a “stand-alone” system compatible with all swimming pool pump controllers, salt-chlorine generators, and sanitizers. The system is equipped with a pressure-sensor so it functions only when the pool filter is generating adequate pressure.
Our systems are manufactured in Arizona. All system components were selected to withstand extreme weather conditions common to Phoenix, Arizona. Systems come with a 3-year warranty covering defective components.
Installation & Operation
The Organic pH™ system can be installed, typically, in less than 15 minutes with a screwdriver, a drill, and a 1 1/8” adjustable wrench. Installation is as easy as “Plug-n-Play” because the InpHuser® injector and the pressure-sensor fitting are designed to easily install in pumps with industry-standard ¼”-18 NPSM straight-pipe drain ports. This includes pumps manufactured by:
Here are the simple steps required to install and operate the system:
- Mount the Controller.
- Connect the 24vDC low-voltage power adapter to a GFCI outlet and connect the power cord to the Controller.
- Remove the drain plugs from the pump.
- Install the InpHuser® injector (patent pending) in the pump strainer basket housing drain port (suction side).
- Install the pressure-sensor fitting in the pump impeller housing drain port (pressure side).
- Connect one end of the 5/32” poly-urethane tubing to the InpHuser® (patent pending) quick-connect fitting and the other end to the Controller quick-connect fitting.
- Connect one end of another length of 5/32” poly-urethane tubing to the pressure-sensor quick-connect fitting and the other end to the Controller quick-connect fitting.
- Attach the pressure regulator assembly to the cylinders utilizing the 1 1/8” adjustable wrench.
- Connect one end of a length of 5/32” poly-urethane tubing to the pressure regulator quick-connect fitting and the other end to the Controller quick-connect fitting.
- Open the cylinder valves.
- Check for pressure leaks using the included bottle of Poolsmith Leak Detector.
- Set the “InpHusion Setting” on the Controller according to the InpHusion Chart.
- Set the “Flow Rate” on the Controller according to the InpHusion Chart.
- Turn the system “ON”.
The Organic pH™ system is an excellent solution for high pH problems. It is easy to install, easy to operate, easy to troubleshoot, and it is affordable to virtually every residential pool owner.
We are family and veteran owned, and proudly manufacture in the USA.